dxFeed, a leading provider of data solutions for the global financial industry, is looking for experienced Java/Kotlin developers to join our distributed cross-functional team. We are focusing on the development of the high performance backend systems providing solutions in the field of financial technology combining expertise in software development and mathematics.
We expect great productivity and code quality from candidates as well as technical leadership which potentially could turn out to be a team or technical leader role.
To build our broad product lineup we are using different technologies and stacks best suitable for specific solutions:
- Spring, Caffeine, Netty and other frameworks to ease data manipulation and distribution;
- low latency messaging framework to distribute millions of messages per second to thousands of clients;
- data storage and compression services to store and deliver hundreds of terabytes of data to our institutional and retail customers;
- AWS (EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, etc) to make our systems highly available and easily scalable;
- Hazelcast for distributed caching and application scaling.
Typical tasks include (but not limited to) the following:
- Development of new and enhancement of existing services in Java / Kotlin for data processing, real-time and historical analysis for the whole universe of financial data that we deliver.
- Development of a specialized language for processing financial time series data, high-performance queries and strategy definitions, including a JIT compiler and tools.
- Development of high-performance mission-critical services for receiving, processing, storing and distributing financial information from external sources.
- participate in the development of one or more dxFeed products, working in a team of 3 to 8 developers;
- design resilient and scalable system architectures, research into the newest software technologies and development tools as well as the project domain;
- become an owner of implemented solutions and components;
- continuous innovation for services and technology stack.
- willingness to take responsibility, result-oriented mindset;
- solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- great knowledge of Core Java;
- desire to achieve goals as a team, willingness to help colleagues and ability to take part in deep-going discussions to find out the right way to design or implement the system;
- Upper-intermediate English to be able to communicate efficiently with the team and clients.
- 3+ years of software development in commercial projects.
Additional skills considered an advantage:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science;
- experience in software development for financial or brokerage businesses;
- understanding of parallel programming, experience in multithreaded application development;
- understanding of relational databases design, SQL knowledge, working experience with PostgreSQL;
- experience in development of distributed software systems with strong performance and reliability requirements;
- knowledge of Kotlin;
- knowledge of Unix-family OS;
- knowledge of methodologies and principles of application lifecycle management, experience with bug tracking, version control and requirements’ management systems.
> What we offer in Munich:
- competitive Reimbursement;
- flexible schedule;
- work from home opportunity;
- modern, well-equipped office next to the English garden and with the panoramic views of the Alps;
- personal parking space;
- extended paid vacation;
- reimbursement of lunch expenses;
- language courses;
- parents’ and other bonuses;
- team buildings and other corporate events;
- possibility to realize your own ideas and see how the market welcomes it.
We welcome all candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is based on education. Our teams work together, improving their skills to create the next generation of financial software and data solutions. With this philosophy, dxFeed always supports and encourages employees to participate in various events, attend workshops, and obtain professional recognition.